Remote Working! – Making remote work, work!
The entire team here at Adopt & Embrace participate in remote working with great success. We work from home, remotely and in the office creating a ‘flexible work’ environment. Whilst our founder is fully supportive in allowing his team to grow and embrace a flexible workspace, remote working may seem like a ‘dream’ situation to some bosses but not a realistic one they can currently see.
Part of what we do is show other teams how to make the most of technology in order to make the most of their day. Sitting in an office is no longer the only way to create an effective team and business model. Organisations can work from home, in a cafe, across the world or from a clients base and still be connected to HQ.
Our team is distributed across Australia and New Zealand… and irrespective of whether we are in our co-working spaces in Brisbane, Los Angeles or Auckland, working from home, or on a customer site; We have remote access to everything and everyone we need in our digital workplace.
Here’s how we make remote working, work for us. Its all about getting the most from your technology and having the right tools in place for your team.
For the exact tools, we use within Microsoft eco-system to make working remotely successful and transparent. #ModernWorkplace #RemoteWorking Click To Tweet
Our top tools to make remote working successful!
- Face to face team meetings – Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams
- Collaboration and sharing ideas on the go – Yammer
- Sharing documents and collaboration in real time – Microsoft Office 365
- Storing documents with access for everyone – Microsoft SharePoint
- Instant messaging – Skype for Business
- Working with customers – Skype for Business Video or Yammer External Groups
- One on One face to face staff reviews – Skype for Business
- Client profiles and stored business content – Microsoft SharePoint
- Notetaking, Meeting Notes and Updates – Microsoft OneNote (stored in Office 365 Groups)
- Longer messages and conversations – Yammer, or Microsoft Outlook*
These are our top tools which will enable you to effectively work from home, work from a clients office, work interstate or internationally. Our company also no longer has the need to use email as our primary source of communication. Our inboxes are empty.
Other Interesting articles we found on remote working
Empower Your Employees and Reap the Benefits
Read how one employee excels in a trusted and empowered self-managing modern workspace.
Tech Republic – 10 reasons why working remotely makes sense
How remote work is disrupting the traditional tech industry and 10 reasons why you should follow
Fast Company – 7 great reasons to encourage working remotely
StackExchange lead developer David Fullerton explains why his company encourages working remotely.